By Tyson Call [Posted November 2, 2015]
Punk Rock Halloween is annual event wherein bands dress up as their favorite artists and play their songs like they are the artists themselves. … read more
Episode #127 – The Hive Collective, Fossil Arms, Ryan Hudson, The Circulars, Beer News with Mike Riedel
[Posted December 9, 2013]
Dan is back! No need to fret any longer, let his soothing, sensual voice take you on a voyage through this episode of Soundwaves From The Undergound.
– The Hive Collection is a group that understands the power of collaboration and have decided to embrace it fully. DJ Decay speaks about this melting pot of filmmakers, DJs, programmers and other electronic and visual entertainers and the performances they have been creating for Salt Lake’s event goers.
– Dirty, gritty, lo-fi, blown out and dark only scratches the surface when describing Fossil Arms. This local music duo creates fuzzy, desolate tracks that are teeming with emotion and are guaranteed to have you and your friends gazing at the floor at the next house party/show.
– Ryan Hudson says that “snowboarding is an internal battle, progression is all internal.” Ryan shares how he grew up living in severe poverty on the streets of San Diego until he was introduced to the mountains through a youth actions sports program. Since then he moved to Utah for the snow, started shredding and hasn’t looked back since.
– The Circulars are a band of musicians who have surrounded themselves with music and people who play it and they find that it is what inspires them the most. Like a slice of 1980s pop-goth gold, this band creates dreamy, dreary jams that draw you in for a ride and leave you wanting more.
– ‘Tis the season… for beer drinkin’! Ales, bocks, holiday seasonals and even a beer that kind of tastes like pizza, SLUG’s beer aficionado has you covered on this year’s local Christmas-time brewskis.
By T.H. [Posted December 4, 2013]
Photo: Russel Daniels On Friday, Dec. 13, come to Urban Lounge for the warm, emotionally sophisticated dark pop of The Circulars, and get wrecked by Fossil Arms’ articulation of what tape hiss sounds like choking on glass—during shock treatment. Alexander Ortega, of Filth Lords and Editorial Assistant at SLUG, is the opener. Localized is hosted … read more