SLUG Magazine is looking for a new, part-time employee to join our office team! If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org; ATTN: Hunter Weston. Please, no phone calls.
SLUG Magazine Brand Ambassador Assistant Job Description:
Reports to: Executive Editor, Community Development Manager and Events Assistant (depending on the project). SLUG Magazine fosters a highly skilled, creative, energized and empowered workforce. This is a part-time position, weekly 10 hours in-office + 15-20 hours at events as needed. Compensation is hourly and discussed at time of interview.
Critical Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Oversee load-in/load-out of the SLUG Booth at SLUG events and SLUG sponsored events.
- Recruiting, training and onboarding SLUG Brand Ambassadors.
- Responsible for payroll for SLUG Brand Ambassadors.
- Manage staffing for SLUG booth at SLUG Events and SLUG sponsored events.
- Create and post social media live during SLUG Events and SLUG sponsored events.
- Collaborate with SLUG’s Events Assistant on social campaigns for SLUG Events.
- Collaborate with SLUG’s editorial and community development team on contributor and newsletter recruiting.
- Work with Events Assistant to keep accurate and detailed of event data and records of events attended yearly.
- Attend SLUG Events and SLUG sponsored events as needed.
- Work with SLUG’s Events Assistant in pre-event planning on onsite at events in needed capacities.
- Scouting community events where SLUG’s Brand Ambassadors may represent.
- Act in a supportive role to SLUG’s Event Assistant
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to represent SLUG Mag in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of Adobe CS6, spreadsheets, Google Drive, Word Press.
- Is passionate about spreadsheets, keeping accurate records and repetitive computer work.
- Have analytical abilities, teamwork capabilities and be results-oriented.
- Strong work ethic and dependability.
- Quick learner, adaptable.
- Maturity and ability to professionally represent our company, both on and off the clock.
- Candidate must have an excellent attention to detail.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills for in-person, telephone and/or online sessions with individuals and/or groups.
- Candidate must manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate with senior management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
SLUG Magazine is an equal opportunity employer. SLUG Magazine will not discriminate and will take measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex. Individuals from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply.