SLUG Magazine is looking for a new, full-time employee to join our office team! If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com; ATTN: John Ford. Please, no phone calls.
SLUG Magazine Community Development Assistant Job Description:
Reports to: Executive Editor, Community Development Manager and Events Coordinator (depending on the project).
Critical Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Community Development Team in drafting proposals, sales or sponsorship documents and contracts.
- Work with Community Development team to ensure that all client contracts are fulfilled.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and provide detailed recaps.
- Collect and compile weekly sales reports for print, digital and event sponsorships.
- Communicate with SLUG’s Events Assistant regarding client activation and sponsorship of events.
- Work with Community Development Team to identify sales and sponsorship opportunities for current (and emerging) clients.
- Book appointments for SLUG’s Community Development Team by cold calling, emailing and in-person networking.
- Provide accurate and detailed billing and collections.
- Responsible for incoming accounts receivable, payment processing and communication with various internal teams.
- Work with Community Development Team to ensure that the company receives timely and accurate payments for services provided by reviewing contracts, maintaining relationships with clients’ accounting departments, and defining and instituting a payment and collections policy, which, in turn, ensures proper revenue recognition.
- Monitor SLUG Team’s use of social media.
- Maintain SLUG Magazine’s core values of quality and transparency.
- Represent SLUG Magazine at SLUG events and community events.
- Assist the SLUG Magazine Team in continuing to build a quality, recognizable brand name.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with various local and national companies on behalf of SLUG.
- Monitor advertising and events on SLUGMag.com.
- Create and send monthly newsletters.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Working Knowledge of Adobe CS6, spreadsheets, Google Drive, Word Press.
- Is passionate about spreadsheets, keeping accurate records and repetitive computer work.
- Have analytical abilities, teamwork capabilities and be results-oriented.
- Strong work ethic and dependability.
- Quick learner, adaptable.
- Maturity and ability to professionally represent our company, both on and off the clock.
- Candidate must have an excellent attention to detail.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills for in-person, telephone and/or online sessions with individuals and/or groups.
- Candidate must manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate with senior management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
SLUG Magazine fosters a highly skilled, creative, energized and empowered workforce. This is a full-time position. Compensation is hourly and discussed at time of interview.