Review: So This Is Reading? Life On the Road With the Unseen

Review: So This Is Reading? Life On the Road With...
By

So This Is Reading? Life On the Road With the Unseen (Audio Book) Tripp Underwood Hopeless Records Street: 10.10 So This Is Reading traces the history of the Unseen from their humble beginnings (in a garage at 16) to their current stance as a punk band that many kids have patches of sewed on their

Review: The Salt Palace

Review: The Salt Palace
By

The Salt Palace Darren DeFrain New Issue Press Street: 10.2005 The Salt Palace was written by some smarty-pants who was obviously raised in Utah. It is a story about a Jack Mormon who goes on a road trip. I honestly didn’t like the story very much at all. It had more holes in it than Tupac’s

Review: 33 1/3 Greatest Hits, Volume 1

Review: 33 1/3 Greatest Hits, Volume 1
By

33 1/3 Greatest Hits, Volume 1 Edited by David Barker Continuum Street: 10.30 As the disclaimer at the beginning of this book advises, the 33 1/3 Greatest Hit series is not for everyone. People who canonize their favorite albums, feeling that their commitment to and investigation of said discs (i.e. the search for the actual

Rusty White RIP

Rusty White RIP
By

I met Rusty in the art department at the University of Utah. He was an up-and-coming photographer, and I was taking classes as a photography major. Rusty was working with Blindside and would soon work for Elevation. … read more

Random News from the Skate World – February 2007

Random News from the Skate World – February 2007
By

I’ve never met a skater who didn’t like free stuff. … read more

Make It or Break It – February 2007

Make It or Break It – February 2007
By

With each new season the progression of snowboarding reaches a higher level. Bigger gaps are discovered. Urban spots are constantly being built in cities around the world. Riders think up innovative technical tricks that nobody has ever seen. … read more

Dear Dickheads – February 2007

Dear Dickheads – February 2007
By ,

The dickheads inform a dickhead on dealing with asshole roommates. … read more

I Like Turtles

I Like Turtles
By

I caught around 10 or so turtles and convinced my parents to let me take them home with us. I rode in the back of our big Mormon van with them, making sure that all the turtles got along and weren’t too bored on the drive home. … read more

Recollections of an Innocent Bystander

Recollections of an Innocent Bystander
By

My first taste of the Salt Lake music scene was back in the summer of 1987, when I was just 14 years old. It was at the old Alice’s Cafe, a place whose name had graced many flyers around town advertising punk bands, both local and beyond. … read more

City of Dreams

City of Dreams
By

Early on, even before the new year, Denver started getting dumped on, and its been a weekly event since … read more