Review: Marvel Comic Book Creator

Review: Marvel Comic Book Creator
By

Marvel Comic Book Creator Planetwide Games Reviewed On: PC Street: 11.2006 I can’t tell you how many times I have cursed my un-artistic hands and their complete lack of cool comic-book creating abilities. Let’s face it, my life is in need of some spicing up and what better way to embellish it than to cast myself

Review: Lost Planet

Review: Lost Planet
By

Lost Planet Capcom Reviewed On: Xbox 360 Street: 01.07 The console wars are raging which means good news for us gamers. Lost Planet is the latest from Capcom, one of the premier game developers on the planet. Not only does Capcom deliver with Lost Planet but they have also elevated the action shooter to another

Review: Killzone: Liberation

Review: Killzone: Liberation
By

Killzone: Liberation Guerrilla/SCEA Reviewed On: PSP Street: 11-06 It’s hard to say what exactly it is that makes Killzone so much fun to play. The graphics are just above average, the game play can be frustrating and the camera angles actually make some parts of the game much harder than they should be. But nevertheless

Review: Josef Albers: To Open Eyes: The Bauhaus, Black Mountain and Yale

Review: Josef Albers: To Open Eyes: The Bauhaus, Black Mountain...
By

Josef Albers: To Open Eyes: The Bauhaus, Black Mountain and Yale Frederick A. Horowitz and Brenda Danilowitz Phaidon Press Street: 11.02 Wow … to say the least. Phaidon Press has done it again in producing a book that not only is stunningly graphic and visual but has the academic content to back up such a

Review: Code Version 2.0

Review: Code Version 2.0
By

Code Version 2.0 Lawrence Lessig Basic Books Street: 12.12.06 The Internet is huge now; millions of people go online everyday, interact and download myriads of files from games, to word files to music. But what governs this “virtual world” and should it be governed at all? Lawrence Lessig tackles what regulates the Internet, how it

Review: Cult Rock Posters

Review: Cult Rock Posters
By

Cult Rock Posters Roger Crimlis and Alwyn W. Turner Billboard Books Street: 10.06.06 Self-appointed Knight of Glam, Bryan Ferry, once said, “Something not only has to sound good, but also has to feel good and look good.” This is indeed true of most musical fads, but particularly anyone involved in the glam, punk and new-wave

Review: Don’t Quit Your Day Job! Adventures for the Working Stiff

Review: Don’t Quit Your Day Job! Adventures for the Working...
By

Don’t Quit Your Day Job! Adventures for the Working Stiff Jay Toberman IUniverse Street: 01.01 Ever since Toberman went on a floozy trip through the stretches of Canada, he has been seeking “adventure” and, unfortunately, writing about it. Recollections of his sparse international trips are bleak journal-styled accounts that go into as much detail and

Review: Empire of Dirt: The Aesthetics and Rituals of British Indie Music

Review: Empire of Dirt: The Aesthetics and Rituals of British...
By

Empire of Dirt: The Aesthetics and Rituals of British Indie Music Wendy Fonarow Wesleyn University Press Street: 07.22 Dr. Fonarow exemplifies everything it means to be an academic in the modern world: overthought-out arguments, a compulsive desire to explain everything and the technicality of book learning to back it up. But instead of giving a

Review: Love All the People: Letters, Lyrics, Routines

Review: Love All the People: Letters, Lyrics, Routines
By

Love All the People: Letters, Lyrics, Routines Bill Hicks Soft Skull Press Street: 2004 For the uninitiated, the book will likely read as a strange, awakening and perversely offensive post-humous chronology of a warped, angry little man, though god-damn funny. To those already primed in the legacy left by Hicks, this book might very well

SLC TATTOO CONVENTION: Tattoos, Brews and No Clues

SLC TATTOO CONVENTION: Tattoos, Brews and No Clues
By

Tattoos. That part should be completely self-explanatory, unless of course you are completely brain dead. Brews. I must have drank a hundred dollars worth of these bad boys all three days of the convention. I know I sound like an alcoholic, but at least I am an alcoholic who can support all of his moocher-ass friends. No clues. These are what you have after drinking a hundred dollars worth of beer, three days straight. … read more