The Dark Side of Martial Arts

The Dark Side of Martial Arts
By

He got a running start and I’ll never forget what happened next: running full speed, he tripped over Emily Bradley, who was the first person kneeling down, and tumbled over all the other kids. … read more

The Future of Utah: Ogden’s Revitalization Project

The Future of Utah: Ogden’s Revitalization Project
By

My first trip to Ogden occurred last year; a group of friends and I ventured into the unknown city in search of some handrails to film. … read more

All Nation Freight-Heads Show Their Flare

All Nation Freight-Heads Show Their Flare
By

Since the early 80s graf zines like Clout, Life Sucks Die, Mass Appeal, Day in the Lyfe, Bigtime, Scribble, were created to document graffiti art. Many of these zines focus primarly on wall coverage, but Salt Lake City based, All Nation takes a slightly different path with its exclusive coverage of American freight train graffiti; haling itself as the only magazine dedicated to this niche.  … read more

Review: Pocket Racers

Review: Pocket Racers
By

Pocket Racers Konami Reviewed On:PSP Street: 11.06 One in a while I encounter a game that is so flawed (not only in execution but in story and game play) that there is almost a fascination in playing it just to bear witness to it’s mediocrity. Pocket Racers is about a bunch of hip youth whose

Review: Gears of War

Review: Gears of War
By

Gears of War Epic Games/Microsoft Game Studios Reviewed On: Xbox 360 Street: 11.06 Gears of War was the action game of 2006 and one of the most popular games to be released on the Xbox 360 to date. Not only does the game look great and have some hair-raising action but it steps beyond the

Review: FlatOut 2

Review: FlatOut 2
By

FlatOut 2 Bugbear/Vivendi Reviewed On:Xbox Street: 08.06 Last year Bugbear released FlatOut to some fairly dismal reviews. Not one to give up so easily, they climbed back up on the mighty horse of game development and released FlatOut 2 and this time around things are much improved. I started out with some derby racing, which

Review: So This Is Reading? Life On the Road With the Unseen

Review: So This Is Reading? Life On the Road With...
By

So This Is Reading? Life On the Road With the Unseen (Audio Book) Tripp Underwood Hopeless Records Street: 10.10 So This Is Reading traces the history of the Unseen from their humble beginnings (in a garage at 16) to their current stance as a punk band that many kids have patches of sewed on their

Review: The Salt Palace

Review: The Salt Palace
By

The Salt Palace Darren DeFrain New Issue Press Street: 10.2005 The Salt Palace was written by some smarty-pants who was obviously raised in Utah. It is a story about a Jack Mormon who goes on a road trip. I honestly didn’t like the story very much at all. It had more holes in it than Tupac’s