Fill out the form below to join our Design team!
SLUG Magazine is looking for a new issue layout designers to join our office team, immediately! If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the form at slugmag.com/opportunities . Select “Designer” from the “Pick your interest” drop down menu.
We are looking for skilled designers to join our team as editorial layout designers. Being on the SLUG design team involves laying out sections of magazine articles as a single-page or two-page spread that will be published in the print magazine every month.
Title: SLUG Layout Designer
Department: Design Team
Reports to: Lead Designer, Executive Editor, Community Development Manager, Events Coordinator.
Commitment: One year, 10 hours/Month
- Ability to create layouts in Adobe InDesign and knowledge of the program features.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and Google Drive.
- Meets deadlines with the understanding that their actions affect the entire team.
- At least one year finished with the design department at their college.
- Reliable and exhibits attention to detail with layouts.
- Willing to learn.
When you join our design team, you will:
- Get real-world experience laying out and designing editorial content that will be published every month and credited to your name.
- Add projects and editorial layouts to your portfolio.
- Network and work with a wide range of local designers, musicians, writers and illustrators who help shape the look and feel of the magazine and even Salt Lake City itself.
- Be able to participate in exclusive SLUG events.
- Gain knowledge of how to prepare files to be printed in a wide range of applications, such as screen printing, web CMYK press, professional inkjet printing, laser and die cut.
- Various types of perks tied to the organization.
SLUG Magazine fosters a highly skilled, creative, energized and empowered team. This is a volunteer position.