If you are interested in applying for this position, click the email link below to send your resume to: [email protected] Please, no phone calls.
SLUG Magazine is looking for a new volunteer intern to join our office team, immediately! If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to [email protected], with Marketing Intern in the subject line. Please, no phone calls.
SLUG Magazine Marketing Internships provide prospective promoters and marketers with professional experience. From the algorithms of social media marketing to event planning and production, SLUG Marketing internships offer invaluable experience through an independent publication with roots in Utah’s music, arts, lifestyle and local events.
Intern Title: Marketing Intern
Department: Community Development
Reports to: Executive Editor, Community Development Manager, Events Coordinator
Commitment: One year, 10 hours/week
- Assisting the Events Coordinator in generating social media content for the promotion of SLUG-produced events
- Assisting the Events Coordinator in the production of SLUG events
- Merchandise inventory tracking
- Assist Events Coordinator in corresponding with event participants
- Assist the Events Coordinator in recruiting and maintaining SLUG’s volunteer marketing team
- Writing press releases
- Writing administrative marketing documents
- Researching new marketing methods
- Updating event websites
- Promoting new Daily Calendar features on SLUGMag.com
- Generating content for social media
- Currently a junior or higher working toward a marketing or strategic communications degree
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends
- Knowledge of the different social media platforms
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Passionate about event production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience preferred representing an organization onsite, at community events
- Comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Ability to plan and execute a social media–marketing campaign
- Comfortable using the Google suite (Google Drive, Google-docs, Google-sheets)
SLUG Magazine fosters a highly skilled, creative, energized and empowered team. This is a volunteer internship position.