Reports to: Executive Editor, Editor, Community Development Team
Employment type: Part-time, contract position
We like SLUGMag.com the way we like our leather jackets: functional and attractive. We have a lot of ideas that we can’t wait to set into motion, and we need a WordPress wizard who can collide the art of design with the alchemy of programming. We’re looking for a candidate who’s ready and equipped to whip up some digital magic and invite users in to explore all things Salt Lake UnderGround—in the dot-com realm.
- Edit, maintain and improve WordPress template and functionality on SLUGMag.com
- Use Google Analytics to track SLUGMag.com site traffic and trends
- Develop SEO strategies to increase organic traffic to SLUGMag.com
- Manage and update SLUG’s Doubleclick For Publishers ad inventory
- Solve coding issues and optimize coding updates on SLUGMag.com
Desired Program Knowledge:
- Google Analytics, SEO (Yoast SEO Plugin for WordPress)
- Doubleclick for Publishers
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Capable of balancing detail-oriented work with important project milestones
- Program learner with ability to adapt and teach others new software protocols
- Creative thinker and problem solver
SLUG Magazine fosters a highly skilled, creative, energized and empowered workforce. Compensation is discussed at time of interview and based on knowledge and experience.
This is a part-time contract position. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org; Attn: Angela H. Brown. Please, no phone calls.