SLUG Magazine is looking for new contributing writers to join our team! If you are interested in applying for this position, please read the following.
Title: SLUG Contributing Writer
Reports to: Editorial Assistant, Communications Coordinator, Junior Editor, Executive Editor.
Being a part of the SLUG contributor team involves writing quality articles that will be published in the print magazine or as online exclusives every month, working with the Editorial staff, implementing feedback and engaging with the communities around Salt Lake City on professional and interpersonal levels.
- SLUG Magazine reader.
- Strong understanding of magazine principles and SLUG Magazine’s brand.
- Passion for Utah’s local scene and elevating Utah’s creative culture.
- Keen knowledge of music, arts, lifestyle and local events.
- Strong writer.
- Willing to learn and practice grammar and copy editing skills.
- Working knowledge of AP Style guidelines.
- Meets deadlines and upholds commitments.
- Strong communication skills.
- Reliable and exhibits attention to detail.
- Quick learner and adaptable.
- Maturity and ability to professionally represent SLUG Magazine, both on and off the clock.
When you join our team of contributing writers, you will:
- Get real-world experience writing editorial content that will be published every month and credited to your name.
- Add articles and published work to your portfolio.
- Network and work with a wide range of local designers, musicians, writers, artists, restaurants and community leaders who help shape the look and feel of the magazine and even Salt Lake City itself.
- Be able to participate in exclusive SLUG events.
- Have freedom to express your voice and personal style.
- Be supported by a communicative, constructive and involved Editorial team.
- Various perks tied to the organization.
SLUG Magazine fosters a highly skilled, creative, energized and empowered team. This is a volunteer position with extremely flexible hours that can be easily incorporated with work, school and personal schedules.
Please send your resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Parker.
Please, no phone calls.