Salt City Grillz Boutique Founder and Operator Jeffrey Broxton provides Salt Lake with a new edge through custom grillz, clothing and jewelry.

Salt City Grillz Boutique: Everybody Wants To Look Fly

Shop Local

Growing up in the late ’90s and early 2000s exposed my young mind to a multitude of trends that served as vehicles for self-expression. Customization was the cornerstone of individuality, and shows like Pimp My Ride and Extreme Makeover held our society by the neck with the promise of true uniqueness. Today, Jeffrey Broxton of Broxton Enterprises introduces one trend that has held over for decades—custom grillz. Through his storefront, Salt City Grillz Boutique, Broxton offers our community’s first and only custom teeth grill studio where patrons can order their very own set to smile about.

Since 2016, Broxton has been taking orders for four–24 piece grillz (gold or silver teeth covers used decoratively) and customizing them to the customer’s personality and vision. “When I started this profession I was making house calls, so you would call me and we’d set up an appointment after my day job as an aircraft mechanic,” he says. Coming from Savannah, Georgia, Broxton identified the demand for this style of expression in Utah and started advertising at parties and dance clubs where he could find clientele that could identify with grillz. “At the beginning, this was solely guerilla marketing. Every show, you’d come out and have a flier on your car,” he says.

"Rubies, emeralds—anything you can think of, we can make. If you can dream it, we can conceive it,” says Jeffrey Broxton.
Photo courtesy of Salt City Grillz Boutique

Today, Broxton runs a full operation out of his storefront in South Salt Lake. “Rubies, emeralds—anything you can think of, we can make. If you can dream it, we can conceive it,” Broxton says. “That’s the fly thing about it—you can customize it and it isn’t permanent, so you can mix it up.” Broxton’s custom options traverse diamond-encrusted caps, fang caps, full gold sets and much more. In conjunction, his clientele is as varied as his product. As a literal word-of-mouth business, Broxton has customers coming from all walks of life and from all over the world to work with him. “I even have soccer moms with gold in their teeth,” he says.

“Rubies, emeralds—anything you can think of, we can make. If you can dream it, we can conceive it.”

However, Salt City Grillz’ custom grill process is consultation-based and fully dependent on what the customer is specifically seeking. The boutique purposefully does not carry grill samples in-house, instead showing examples based on previous customers’ experiences. “Come in for your consultation appointment and then let the wizard go behind the curtain and do his magic,” he says. Broxton designs the concept after the consultation, taking the mold of the teeth and working with jewelers to execute the commission. This leaves customers with a truly tailored product that amplifies their specific personality, as opposed to picking out a style because it looks good on someone else. “Someone will come in with no teeth and their head down. then they’ll go into the bathroom, snap their teeth in and come out a different person,” says Broxton.

Luckily, trusting Broxton as the designer and visionary comes easy. As a true entrepreneur and creative, Broxton displays his stylistic capabilities from the way he dresses (with each detail, from his shoes to his teeth, matching) to the eclectic atmosphere of the boutique. “This place never ceases to amaze me. I tell people when they walk in here they are walking into my imagination,” Broxton says. In addition to his custom grillwork, Broxton offers custom jewelry and his own clothing creations. This includes brightly colored, matching sweatsuits with Broxton’s own screen-printed designs, embroidered hats and a collection of screen-printed shirts.

In addition to his custom grillwork, Broxton offers custom jewelry and his own clothing creations at Salt City Grillz Boutique
Photo: Jessica Bundy

Aside from creative endeavors, Broxton maintains an overarching mission for Broxton Enterprises as a whole. “I’m just trying to put paint where it ain’t. It is hard to pinpoint what is Utah,” he says. “I really wanted to do something that would say to an out-of-town person that this is another version of Utah. This is my culture that I’m giving to the people.” You can set up an appointment with Broxton via Instagram at

@saltcitygrillz, his website, saltcitygrillz.com, or by stopping in at the storefront on 17 W. Sunset Ave. in South Salt Lake.