Ischa B. is at the helm once again and she takes us through Episode 125 of Soundwaves from the Underground!
– The U of U design department is offering a course in Product and Industrial Design. Department leaders and instructors are excited to teach new ideas and classes. Even Program Director, Jim Agutter, encourages students, new and current to “come make cool shit.”
– Take some speedy riffs, fast drums, creative visions and put it all together. What do you get? Simian Greed. These innovative punks released an EP back in October that comes with crayons and a black and white cover so you can color it however you see fit. Talk about D-OI-Y.
– Why sell out when you can just buy in? SLC Punk is due for a sequel and Rancid drummer and executive producer for SLC Punk 2: Punk’s Dead, Branden Steineckert, speaks on building steam and funds for the upcoming film project.
– Who the fuck gets banned from Burt’s Tiki Lounge?! When your music is about breaking all sorts of shit and kicking ass, something is just bound to happen. Ulteriors are a punk five piece that formed earlier this year and if your ears are looking for an ass whoopin’ check these dudes out now.
– Burlesque, tarot card readings, snake and belly dancers, magicians, and hypnosis are just a few of the incredible events that are available for booking through Voodoo Productions. Founder, and performer Jennifer Tarasevich gives us the details on why she started the company and how business has been.
Host: Ischa B.
Executive Producer: Angela H. Brown
Lead Producer: Gavin Sheehan
Associate Producers: Esther Meroño, Alexander Ortega, Dan Nailen
Theme Song by Lindsay Heath & Mike Sassich
Art Design & Logo: Thy Doan
Technical Designer: Kate Colgan
Interviewers: Ben Tilton, Cody Kirkland, Ischa B.
Music This Episode: Moonlettes, Simian Greed, Ether, Ulteriors, Skellum