Episode #129 – Cam Pierce, Rotten Musicians, Mic Masters Alliance, Ben Q. Best/Karl Jorgensen, The Kid Labs
The snow is still falling outside, so put a little rum in your ‘nog and let Dan Nailen and our guests keep you company with Episode 129 of Soundwaves.
– Even as a young, East Coast greenhorn Cam Pierce wanted to go pro and now that he’s made it he is still driven to learn more and continually evolve as a snowboarder. Cam shares his story and explains why he doesn’t like to stick to a certain style, but prefers to dabble in the many outlets that the industry has presented him with.
– At first you might ask, “What in the fuck are the Rotten Musicians talking about?” Science, video games and other concepts, baby girl. This three-piece nerd rap group will instill knowledge via hot fire spit from their educated lips over funky, philosophical beats in their track “eGGsheLLs” on Episode 129 of Soundwaves.
– Hip-hop musicians, lyricists and rhymers have been a part of the Mic Masters Alliance since its establishment in September of 2011. This group brings together local and regional emcees and gives them the opportunity to exhibit the power and complexity of spoken word through competitive rap battles.
– Sounding like it could be straight from the soundtrack of an 80s era video game, “Endgame” is a trippy, run and gun romp through the electronic genre. Utah County based producers Ben Q. Best and Karl Jorgensen have been hard at work creating a minimalist, analog blend of tunes that they recently released on Jorgensen’s label, Hel Audio.
– The Kid Labs have been very busy creating a place for parents and their children to put aside the hustle of everyday life to come together and learn. Founder, John Hansen speaks on his organization and how it is working to create a place to hold community events that will benefit kids and families in the surrounding area while exposing them to the many forms art and expression that are found right here in the Valley.
Host: Dan Nailen
Executive Producer: Angela H. Brown
Lead Producer: Gavin Sheehan
Associate Producers: Esther Meroño, Alexander Ortega, Dan Nailen
Theme Song by Lindsay Heath & Mike Sassich
Art Design & Logo: Thy Doan
Technical Designer: Kate Colgan
Interviewers: Jamie Stott, Darcy Russell, Brinley Froelich
Music This Episode: Linus Stubbs, Rotten Musicians, Ben Q. Best/Karl Jorgensen, Shrugboat