As the internet becomes more crowded with content, context begins to collapse. But what if the internet itself could be the context? Maggie Regnier embraced this with her band Salduro’s most recent release, Insta-Gramo-Phone, which uses Instagram as its platform and format, constraining the album’s nine songs to just one minute or less each. Reignier talks about the challenges of embracing both internal and external constraints, as well as how Insta-Gramo-Phone hearkens to age of vinyl and the three minute single.
Thanks for listening to SLUG Mag Soundwaves.
- This podcast was created by SLUG Magazine and produced by Angela H. Brown, Parker Scott Mortensen
- Associate Producers: Alexander Ortega, Joshua Joye, John Ford, Bianca Velasquez, Zaina Abujebarah
- Executive Producer: Angela H. Brown
- Music by Salduro
- Soundwaves logo and art design by Nicholas Dowd
- Photo courtesy of Salduro