Jimmy and Matthew Waldron had been playing live music for years with their family band, The Waldronz. As young children and teens their father taught them, along with their two sisters, how to play for live audiences. Eventually, The Waldronz disbanded as the children of the family grew up and pursued other interests, but after a couple years, Jimmy and Matthew missed the excitement of playing live and fevered for creating original music that expanded their vocabulary of sound. The two decided to go for it on their own, and The Waldron Brothers was born. In this episode of Soundwaves, the two break down their first single “Side A Side B” beat by beat, giving us an insight into their dynamic and indie-psych sound.
Thanks for listening to SLUG Mag Soundwaves.
- This podcast was created by SLUG Magazine and produced by Angela H. Brown, Parker Scott Mortensen
- Associate Producers: Alexander Ortega, Joshua Joye, John Ford, Bianca Velasquez
- Executive Producer: Angela H. Brown
- Music by The Waldron Brothers
- Soundwaves logo and art design by Nicholas Dowd
- Photo courtesy of Jimmy Waldron