For Ford Call, turning 18 meant an end. After an intense period of self discovery late in high school playing with Dead Be Joint, Call sifted through through the chaos of working with a band of mismatched tastes and found the emotional means and energy to carve out his own musical identity as Teenage Flying Disc. Believing he would die after his 18th birthday, Call made music he considered the last he’d make. Once that day came and went, he kept with it—and is more hopeful having had.
Teenage Flying Disc will release their new album this summer.
Thanks for listening to SLUG Mag Soundwaves.
- This podcast was created by SLUG Magazine and produced by Angela H. Brown, Parker Scott Mortensen
- Associate Producers: Alexander Ortega, Joshua Joye, John Ford, Bianca Velasquez, Connor Lockie
- Executive Producer: Angela H. Brown
- Music by Teenage Flying Disc
- Soundwaves logo and art design by Nicholas Dowd
- Photo courtesy of Apathy Photos LTD.