How does art change when it becomes a commodity? What does it mean for an artist to be sincere in 2020? Although Glittering Serpent, the first full-length from PK Opal, released last year, the album and its creator, Cecil Smith (he/they), speak to the current moment and how queer art should resist capitalist production, which encourages us to polish our work so hard we sand ourselves into dust.
Thanks for listening to SLUG Mag Soundwaves.
- This podcast was created by SLUG Magazine and produced by Angela H. Brown, Parker Scott Mortensen
- Associate Producers: Alexander Ortega, Joshua Joye, John Ford, Bianca Velasquez, Connor Lockie
- Executive Producer: Angela H. Brown
- Music by PK Opal
- Soundwaves logo and art design by Nicholas Dowd
- Photo courtesy of Cecil Smith.