“Country music for people who like Frank Ocean.” That’s how Pony Logan describes his debut album, The Big Sky. Country music is a bit of left turn for Logan, who previously had dabbled in pop and hip-hop. As he’s moved on from a painful breakup, he’s found strength in country as a genre. The tone of songwriting it naturally supports—honest and sentimental—has helped Logan reevaluate his own taste.
Thanks for listening to SLUG Mag Soundwaves.
Pony Logan is on Spotify.
- This podcast was created by SLUG Magazine and produced by Angela H. Brown, Parker Scott Mortensen
- Associate Producers: Alexander Ortega, Joshua Joye, John Ford, Bianca Velasquez, Audrey Lockie
- Executive Producer: Angela H. Brown
- Music by Pony Logan
- Soundwaves logo and art design by Nicholas Dowd
- Photo courtesy of Pony Logan.