Dancing Cranes Imports is the perfect place to shop for a gift for those in touch with their spiritual side.

Gift Ideas from Indie Utah Businesses 2021: Dancing Cranes Imports

Shop Local

The holiday season is upon us. As a responsible adult, you’ve definitely prepared for it and you’re definitely not sweating right now, on the verge of getting gift cards or stalking social media for any inkling of what to get someone. Completely unrelated, here are some gift ideas from independent Utah businesses that are sure to shake up the typical rolodex of holiday fair. Whether it be thrifted gold or fantastical comics, we’ve got inspiration for just about everyone!

Dancing Cranes Imports

673 E. Simpson Ave South SLC   |   M–Su 10a–6p

Despite the spacious size of Dancing Cranes Imports, this gift shop keeps a positive, warm and inviting atmosphere that’s felt in similar shops in small ski towns. Upon walking into the store, the abundant plant decor, smell of incense and the central Koi pond transporting you to a faraway and exciting world. When I stopped in, it was a busy Thursday afternoon filled with what I guessed to be holiday shoppers. The sheer amount of eye-catching items meant that I would definitely be spending some time in the store.

Dancing Cranes Imports offers a vast array of treasures from around the world such as jewelry, art, pottery, crystals, prayer flags, candles and clothing.
Photo: Kevin Edwards

Operating in SLC for over 15 years, Dancing Cranes offers a vast array of treasures from around the world such as jewelry, art, pottery, crystals, prayer flags, candles, clothing and even Bob Ross socks! This is the perfect place to shop for a gift for those in touch with their spiritual side as the store offers a wide selection of ritual and meditation products at reasonable prices.

I picked up a beautiful Peridot ring ($23) and a desert art print titled “Dynamic Duo” from Moab artist Serena Supplee ($25). For those who don’t need to shop but enjoy the atmosphere of Dancing Cranes, there is a space inside the store called Café Gébō that offers Caffe Ibis coffee and fair-trade teas as well as light lunch options like grilled cheese for only $4. This café offers a comfortable space to sit down and get some work done, as well. Give them a follow on Instagram @dancingcranesimports. –Gabby Dodd