DRUPEFRUIT sells delicious, handmade shrub: a non-alcoholic mixer made from fresh fruit, apple cider vinegar and sugar.

Gift Ideas from Indie Utah Businesses 2021: DRUPEFRUIT

Shop Local

The holiday season is upon us. As a responsible adult, you’ve definitely prepared for it and you’re definitely not sweating right now, on the verge of getting gift cards or stalking social media for any inkling of what to get someone. Completely unrelated, here are some gift ideas from independent Utah businesses that are sure to shake up the typical rolodex of holiday fair. Whether it be thrifted gold or fantastical comics, we’ve got inspiration for just about everyone!

DRUPEFRUIT

drupefru.it

Browsing DRUPEFRUIT’s vibrant inventory, shoppers can find a variety of enticing flavors made with seasonal ingredients.
Photo: Kevin Edwards

DRUPEFRUIT is a young business founded during the pandemic that’s already causing a stir in Salt Lake’s beverage scene. Owned and operated by Brooke Marple, DRUPEFRUIT sells delicious, handmade shrub. What is shrub, you might ask? It’s a non-alcoholic mixer made from fresh fruit, apple cider vinegar and sugar. DRUPEFRUIT shrubs make an excellent addition to seasonal cocktails, but Marple also suggests drinking them on their own. “I feel a deep passion to introduce people to healthier drinking alternatives, rather than just soda or alcohol,” she says. Marple’s favorite way to enjoy her shrub is poured over a tall glass of ice and topped with soda water—the perfect sipper for Dry January participants and non-drinkers alike.

Browsing DRUPEFRUIT’s vibrant inventory, shoppers can find a variety of enticing flavors made with seasonal ingredients. “I have a lot of love for fleeting, seasonal fruits and I wanted my shrubs to show that off,” Marple says. The Mango Hibiscus Chili makes a unique gift for that neighbor who doesn’t partake, and the Peach Tomato Basil Balsamic is perfect for the niece with a courageous palette. Even the health-nut coworker finds their taste well suited with the kombucha-like Ginger Coconut Orange Blossom flavor. When you find yourself struggling to choose between just one shrub, DRUPEFRUIT offers sample packs. To purchase their recent flavors, head to drupefru.it/shop or, pick up a bottle at a small business near you such as Animalia, Boozetique and Central 9th Market. Find DRUPEFRUIT on Instagram @drupefru.it. –Avrey Evans