Sydney - Seaside Creations

Seaside Creations by Sydney: Craft Lake City Kid Row Artisans

Shop Local

With the largest number of vendors to date, The 14th Annual Craft Lake City DIY Festival Presented By Harmons returns to the Utah State Fairpark with an exciting variety of homegrown DIY-ers. In the following pages, we’ve highlighted some craft foodies, inventors, performers, vintage curators and members of the next generation of artisans that will be participating in this year’s bustling event. Check out craftlakecity.com for more information about The 14th Annual Craft Lake City DIY Festival.

As a little girl, Sydney found a shell with a hole in it on one of her trips to the beach, and from there was born Seaside Creations.
Photo: John Barkiple

Sydney channels her natural creativity into her craft of fabricating delicate seashell jewelry, handcrafted with genuine sea shells that she shines and pairs with artfully selected beads. Sydney also designs various, seaside–themed household décor, all inspired by her love of adventures by the ocean. Seaside Creations By Sydney combines her passion with her entrepreneurial instincts.

As a little girl, Sydney found a shell with a hole in it on one of her trips to the beach. She strung the shell on a string and wore it as a necklace, which quickly garnered compliments. “I thought how refreshing and fun it is to wear the seashell myself. It brought back memories from my trip just by wearing it. Maybe it can bring the same feeling to others,” she says.

Sydney coats her shells in epoxy to shine them and surrounds them with brightly colored beads to complete the piece. Sydney started selling her necklaces, bracelets, earrings and décor at local markets and they were a hit!

Seaside Creations supports Sydney’s many passions, such as pageantry and acting, but the most rewarding part for her is seeing people love her creations. Sydney says she’s grateful that she can return some of her profits to the community. Her philanthropy has included donating a Christmas tree to the Primary Children’s Festival of Trees, themed as the Ocean Tree.

You can keep up with Sydney’s ventures in crafting, acting and dancing on her Instagram @sydney_svitak.

Read about more local jewelry makers:
SLUG Style: Zoe Love
Annika Quinn Jewelry: Craft lake City Artisan