After a frustrating attempt at joining another band, Loclyn Torres realized she would need to start her own project if she really wanted to realize her vision of the kind of metal she wanted to perform. Nate Velasquez (drums) joined her to form Seeking Tragedy, and since January of 2018, the two went through a long and rigorous audition process to finally find Chris Evans (bass) and Ethan Dillingham (guitar). Seeking Tragedy just released a single, “Arm Your Pride,” and are working on finishing their first album. Torres discusses her journey to performing, as well as how a vocal minority of the metal scene’s deference to tradition requires women to work twice as hard.
Thanks for listening to SLUG Mag Soundwaves.
- This podcast was created by SLUG Magazine and produced by Angela H. Brown, Parker Scott Mortensen
- Associate Producers: Alexander Ortega, Joshua Joye, John Ford, Bianca Velasquez
- Executive Producer: Angela H. Brown
- Music by Seeking Tragedy
- Soundwaves logo and art design by Nicholas Dowd
- Photo courtesy of Loclyn Torres