In anticipation of SLUG’s February Localized Reunion show, Brice Obuko of Telepanther, who are reviving for this Localized, recounts his memories of various Salt Lake venues as they once were 20 years ago. Places like Kilby Court were not the kind of space you’d have imagined would stick around, and now-defunct venues like The Moroccan housed many of the scene’s smaller shows. While much has changed, the value of these sort of venues persists, giving young artists and smaller acts an opportunity to perform with an intimate vibe.
Thanks for listening to SLUG Mag Soundwaves.
- This podcast was created by SLUG Magazine and produced by Angela H. Brown, Parker Scott Mortensen
- Associate Producers: Alexander Ortega, Joshua Joye, John Ford, Bianca Velasquez, Connor Lockie
- Executive Producer: Angela H. Brown
- Music by Telepanther
- Soundwaves logo and art design by Nicholas Dowd
- Photo courtesy of LmSorensen.net.