Problem Daughter Album Release @ The Underground with Pop Warner, Wicked Bears and Wearing Thin 02.27
By Gilbert Cisneros [Posted March 1, 2016]
Problem Daughter had their album release show for their newest release, Fits of Disorganized Boredom, at The Underground with Pop Warner, Wicked Bears and Wearing Thin. This was one of their first shows since they started recording their album last year. Locals have been waiting for their new release which is also being distributed through … read more
By Gilbert Cisneros [Posted September 14, 2015]
PEARS, New Orlean’s addition to the Fat Wreck Chords catalog, played a mid-week punk show at Kilby Court in Salt Lake City. American Mouth, one of Salt Lake’s newer punk bands, opened the night. They played a short set followed by Speak Uneasy and Problem Daughter. American Mouth started off the show with a … read more
By Nick Kuzmack [Posted December 6, 2014]
Venturing into a night characterized by the allure of downtown’s illuminating lights, I glide past the sprinkling of hip, art types who are coming out of the shadows for gallery stroll. My journey takes a sharp turn up the most-visited alleyway in Salt Lake City. … read more
Episode #122 – The Let’s Go Eat Show, Problem Daughter, Brock Butterfield, Jawwzz, Urban Arts Dance & Fitness Studio
[Posted November 4, 2013]
This week on Epidsode 122 of Soundwaves From The Underground!
- SLUG was able to pull Bill Allred away from butchering the names of “celebutards” and reading you your morning news on X96’s Radio From Hell long enough to talk to him about his podcast that he produces with his son, Dylan Allred, the Let’s Go Eat Show.
- Problem Daughter has been cranking out four piece punk rock tunes since 2009. After putting out two albums and taking a short break in 2010 the band came back with a full-length self-titled album in 2012.
- Brock Butterfield has been shredding professionally since 2004. He decided in 2005 that Utah’s mountains would make a better canvas for his work rather than the mounds of potatoes he found himself smashing in Idaho and soon found himself knee deep in the industry, placing in events since 2007 and becoming part of the Tyrant Snowboard team
- Jawwzz is a three piece, jam-rock band known for bringing the party to their crowd. Laser lights, confetti cannons, fog machines, you name it and they probably brought it!
- The Urban Arts Dance and Fitness Studio is a place for those looking to explore “untraditional” forms of dance and fitness. Owner, Shahravar, wanted to provide a place in the local community where anyone could participate in new and different activities like belly dancing or partnered yoga without feeling judged by their peers and teachers.
By Cody Kirkland [Posted October 30, 2013]
Photo: Russel Daniels This month’s Localized is a cross-section of SLC punk: the visceral, dissonant hardcore punk of Foster Body, the surf-soaked party punk of JAWWZZ!! and the acerbic, bittersweet pop punk of Problem Daughter. These bands have shared bills over the last few years—Foster Body and JAWWZZ!! even share a drummer. They all name … read more
[Posted May 20, 2013]
On this week's episode, SLUG writer Alex Cragun sits down with Problem Daughter before they head to Las Vegas to play Punk Rock Bowling; SLUG writer Steve Goemaat chats with the men behind the skateboarding program Projekt 801; and then our host Dan Nailen and SLUG columnist Mike Brown talk about the wayward season that the Utah Jazz had and their thoughts going into the offseason. Plus, brand new music from doomy rock band Light/Black. Jeffrey Steadman from Yelp will be back in a few episodes to talk about the best new places that have popped up in SLC over the past few months, and we'd like to hear what new places you've been digging! Call our automated voicemail line at 858-233-9324 and tell us your thoughts. You may get played on the show! … read more
Episode #63 – Salt City Sirens, Daisy & The Moonshines, Yelp, Problem Daughter, 5 State Killing Spree
[Posted September 17, 2012]
On this week's episode, SLUG writer Ischa B. sits down with three members of the Salt City Sirens burlesque troupe; Jeffrey Steadman from Yelp drops by to talk food trucks and carts with JP; and John Kammerer from 5 State Killing Spree chats in studio with JP about the band and his other musical projects. Plus, brand new music from SLC punk band Problem Daughter and groove grunge rockers Daisy & The Moonshines! Call our automated voicemail line at 858-233-9324 and tell us your thoughts. You may get played on the show! … read more