After being accepted into Spy Hop‘s musicology program during her sophomore year of high school, Allyson Katana quickly learned the skills of a working, professional musician. What she learned there would help transform Horrible Penny—once a small, personal SoundCloud project—into a full band, including Eoghan Knibbe, Luke Bamford and Elliot Emery. Their first album, Shades of Green, channels Katana’s romantic voice, a sound that feels young and thoughtful, worthy of being spoken and heard.
Thanks for listening to SLUG Mag Soundwaves.
- This podcast was created by SLUG Magazine and produced by Angela H. Brown, Parker Scott Mortensen
- Associate Producers: Alexander Ortega, Joshua Joye, John Ford, Bianca Velasquez, Connor Lockie
- Executive Producer: Angela H. Brown
- Music by Horrible Penny
- Soundwaves logo and art design by Nicholas Dowd
- Photo courtesy of Allyson Katana