Soccer Dad and the People in your Neighborhood:True tales of an SLC cabbie

Soccer Dad and the People in your Neighborhood:True tales of...
By

Since Cab #6 (another mini-van!!) has a tape deck and shitty speakers, and seeing as how punk rock sounds better than anything else in that fidelity situation, I drove around all night listening to an old dubbed tape of mine with three entire albums on it: Propaghandi’s Less Talk, More Rock; and the Guttermouth classics

Bellyography – May 2005

Bellyography – May 2005
By

When I started writing this article, my intention was and still is, to introduce the public to this community’s belly dancers. The Wasatch Front is home to some of the most talented dancers in America, and we have extremely good teachers, too. … read more

Consumer Education: A Guide to Buying Hard Goods and Some Shit

Consumer Education: A Guide to Buying Hard Goods and Some...
By

In today’s fast-paced world, it’s easy to drown in the shitty seas of capitalism while trying to purchase frivolous items needed to contain our boredom between eating, shitting and fucking. Basically, that’s what we are all on this planet to do, right? Eat, shit, fuck. The rest is just killing time between the next fabulous

Katchup – April 2005

Katchup – April 2005
By

It’s that time of year, the days are getting longer and the snow is melting…wait, it’s still puking snow when the rest of the country is shutting down production and pulling out golf clubs. There still might be more snow than in 20 years at this time, but resorts are still shutting down the party due to their lease agreement and people staying home to work on their summer tans. … read more

Soccer Dad & the People in Your Neighborhood: True Tales of an SLC Cabbie

Soccer Dad & the People in Your Neighborhood: True Tales...
By

So I was parked in front of Port O’ Call around 10 p.m., playing Tetris on my crappy phone and listening to the divine sounds of Television on Local Imposters when two dudes got into my cab, disturbing my happy little microcosm. They were extremely well dressed, extremely rich and extremely handsome. Oh yeah, and

Guitar Wolf Eulogy

Guitar Wolf Eulogy
By

Guitar Wolf Eulogy (An e-mail from Billy Nord from Narnack Records) It’s with deep and saddest regret to announce this latest news. Last night (3/30) Billy, aka Bass Wolf, passed away of natural causes. He was 38. The band had just returned from their month-long US tour, and fortunately Billy did get to spend

Dear Dickheads – April 2005

Dear Dickheads – April 2005
By

SLUG Magazine parties too hard and get’s yelled at by an employee of Area 51. … read more

Pinch Me: SLUG’s Adventures at SXSW 2005

Pinch Me: SLUG’s Adventures at SXSW 2005
By

Free BBQ, show highlights, and interview with Billy Idol, Joey Castillo from Queens of the Stone Age and Bad Brad Wheeler from the Legendary Porch Pounders! … read more

KATCHUP – March 2005

KATCHUP – March 2005
By

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who attended the 2005 SLUG Games Junk Show competition last month at Brighton Ski Resort. The sold-out event (sorry if you didn’t make it in) was held on Mt. Millicent with new Junk Style obstacles that were created the day of the contest courtesy of RedBull. … read more