Va Va Va Voom: The Fluffgirls are Coming to Town

Va Va Va Voom: The Fluffgirls are Coming to Town
By

[Story by Jesus Harold–Ed.] When I get a hold of Cecilia Bravo, the founder of The Fluffgirl Burlesque Society, she’s putting the finishing touches on some outfits for their upcoming tour, which will include a stop at our own Burt’s Tiki Lounge on August 7. She sounds damn pleased to be working on costumes, too,

Soccer Dad and the People in Your Neighborhood: True Tales of an SLC Cabbie

Soccer Dad and the People in Your Neighborhood: True Tales...
By

Episode #6: The Fifth of July Roofers When I woke up around 1 p.m., it was already pushing 95 degrees. I was thus hiding out in my third-story apartment with my central air watching Azteca America (“Es tu casa”) with the sound off, listening to the Sonic Youth opus, Daydream Nation. There were 12 Latin

Skateboard Update List

Skateboard Update List
By

1. Isseah Bey almost became a father. He also skates for Salty Peaks. 2. Kordel Black’s knee hurts. 3. Some kid named Jake got caught steeling at Blindside. Blindside Management is offering discounts to anybody who spits on him. 4. Number of e-mails Broadie Hammers has received: 0. Maybe I will start a myspace account.

Whacktastic Skateboard Antics and The Morning News

Whacktastic Skateboard Antics and The Morning News
By

I really fucking hate the news. I also hate people who believe the news. I guess I’m a big believer in “no news is good news.” So when I got asked to show some newslady how to ride a skateboard, I was at first hesitant. But then when they told me it would be a

Books Aloud – July 2005

Books Aloud – July 2005
By

Reviews of Destroying Yourself is Too Accessible, Running on Emptiness: The Pathology of Civilization and the graphic novel Locas: The Maggie And Hopey Stories. … read more

Dear Dickheads – July 2005

Dear Dickheads – July 2005
By

The only good part of your letter was the reference to Satan’s fires, but I doubt you even have the capability to see the coolness factor in that. … read more

Dear Dickheads – June 2005

Dear Dickheads – June 2005
By

I have heard a rumor that corporate stores around town, like Media Play, have threatened their employees with being fired if they are caught shopping at locally owned music stores … read more