You Look Pretty When You’re Flushed: Reflections on Girls in Bar Bathrooms

You Look Pretty When You’re Flushed: Reflections on Girls in...
By

Bars, girlhood, friendship: all these things are absolutely grimy, frequently imperfect and sometimes completely out-of-focus. … read more

How To Hang Out With Drinkers When You Don’t Drink

How To Hang Out With Drinkers When You Don’t Drink
By

Take this advice with a rim of salt—this may not apply to the straight-edge-since-birth (respect!) or the sober-because-of-religion crowds. … read more

Bar Nohm: Setting the Bar High in Central 9th

Bar Nohm: Setting the Bar High in Central 9th
By

With a dining experience unlike any other in SLC, Bar Nohm is the presents an ever-changing menu that seamlessly melds the flavors of Korea and Japan. … read more

Throwin’ it Back Into Aries Season with Gay Asstrology

Throwin’ it Back Into Aries Season with Gay Asstrology
By

Every now and again, the parties themselves seem too fantastical to be anything less than written in the stars. … read more

Not a Safe Space But a Brave Space: Greenhouse Effect Open Mic

Not a Safe Space But a Brave Space: Greenhouse Effect...
By

The open mic at Greenhouse Effect is more than just a platform for artistic expression; it is a space for healing, growth and connection. … read more

Scales and Tails: Do Snakes Deserve their Deadly Reputation?

Scales and Tails: Do Snakes Deserve their Deadly Reputation?
By

As proprietor of the Utah reptile sanctuary Scales & Tails, Shane Richins counters myths misrepresenting snakes as heartless killers. … read more

Underdog Animal Rescue and Rehab: Giving Reservation Dogs a New Leash on Life

Underdog Animal Rescue and Rehab: Giving Reservation Dogs a New...
By

Although they have a long road ahead of them, Underdog Rescue is determined to continue to do what it does best: community outreach and free clinics. … read more

Skull Preservation and Sustainable Cremation: Alternative Pet Memorials

Skull Preservation and Sustainable Cremation: Alternative Pet Memorials
By

These two Utah animal lovers are in the business of providing alternative ways to keep the memory of your furry (and scaly) friends alive. … read more

Mike Brown (Still) Hates Horses

Mike Brown (Still) Hates Horses
By

Overall, I still hate horses and they still scare me. But Helen is my friend, and if that’s her thing I’ll support it. … read more

Ruff Haven Crisis Sheltering Keeps Pets With Their People

Ruff Haven Crisis Sheltering Keeps Pets With Their People
By

Ruff Haven cares for pets whose owners are facing dangerous situations such as domestic violence, evictions or prolonged hospitalization. … read more