Katchup – September 2004

Katchup – September 2004
By

Here’s your Katchup for September! Peep the pic of the Red Bull Inland Wake Skate Session held on Aug. 30th at the Gallivan Center. Kampus team rider Clint Tompkins slides up a wet, slippery piece of lumber while a couple of hotties check out his…mad steez. Fellow riders Lief Erkkila and champ Phillip Bassino were

Dear Dickheads – August 2004

Dear Dickheads – August 2004
By

Dear Dickhead, Whose idea was it to insult EVERY letter sent in? It’s makes you look very childish and unprofessional. –Kitty Kitty, You’re absolutely right. It’s not good for us, or our business, if people feel insulted or degraded in any way while dealing with us. We’re all about professionalism here at SLUG Mag, so

Bellydancing – August 2004

Bellydancing – August 2004
By ,

Nikia Amira, a favorite dancer from Ogden, Utah has only been dancing for six years. Six years ago she had never watched a belly dance performance. When a friend invited her to a belly dance class, she didn’t think she would like it very much. After one class with Mashara Rabia, she was bitten by

Katchup – August 2004

Katchup – August 2004
By

“We look forward to a national debate on the merits of what we have recommended, and we will participate vigorously in that debate.” –The 9/11 Commission Report Political agendas these days are selling faster than 25-cent lemonade from future entrepreneurs. Everyday, everywhere, we are engulfed by politiks (“tell me your politik and open up your

Zine Goddess – August 2004

Zine Goddess – August 2004
By

Venus Zine Magazine is one of the best zines by and about, though not just for, women. Just because it’s slick and you might (or might not) find in on your newsstand doesn’t mean it’s not edgy. Rather than ramble on about how great it is, let’s just cut to the chase and dive in

He’s Got a Fake Leg and He Knows How to Use It

He’s Got a Fake Leg and He Knows How to...
By

The morning of the Warped Tour, I woke up in bed being handed a nice hot cup of coffee by my girlfriend. This was pretty strange to me. I say this because more often than not, “Thanks for the coffee darling,” isn’t being uttered when I wake up, but something closer to, “Who are you?

Unfairmont Park

Unfairmont Park
By

The University of Utah and Sugarhouse areas of the Salt Lake Valley were somehow overlooked in the wave of new public skate parks that swept through Utah in the past two years. … read more

Paganism in Utah: The Pagan Bookshelf

Paganism in Utah: The Pagan Bookshelf
By

We’ve reviewed several of the excellent books available on paganism. Future columns will feature additional books as well as other pieces of interest. … read more

Book Reviews: March 1992

Book Reviews: March 1992
By ,

Here are SLUG’s two literature picks for March of 1992. If anything, they sure aren’t boring. … read more

Do Not Trust The Federal Ones

Do Not Trust The Federal Ones
By

Next Month: The Fall of Communism, and Other Myths. … read more