Skate: November 1990

Skate: November 1990
By

We were good and warmed up, and skating pretty well, but it started to get dark and the lights were off, so we decided to head over to the banks to try to skate more. … read more

Skateboarding: Or “Play With Your Toys in The House”

Skateboarding: Or “Play With Your Toys in The House”
By

Skating is as much of a sport as football, soccer or track. Goals are what skating is all about. One day, you’re learning to glue shoes, the next, you’re the president. … read more

Politics: Giddie Up

Politics: Giddie Up
By

One of the big issues lately seems to be what role the government will play in the funding of the arts. Check out this politics feature from July 1990. … read more

The World According To Clark: Murdered a Scorpion in your Sleeping Bag and Can’t Wait Till Cinco De Mayo

The World According To Clark: Murdered a Scorpion in your...
By

I decided to venture boldly into strange, foreign lands and bring back the sort of stories that would curdle your blood and tickle your loins. I decided to go to Mexico. … read more

Protection Vs. Denial

Protection Vs. Denial
By

Protection Vs. Denial: Where do you draw the line between what is appropriate and what is not? It should all be appropriate in a so-called “freedom based” society. … read more

Everyone In Panama Is So Busy Keeping Clean, Is There Any Time Left For Drag Racing?

Everyone In Panama Is So Busy Keeping Clean, Is There...
By

I learned an interesting bit of pit crew jargon during my two days of sunburn and delirium. The bit is this: “getting down on the blower.” … read more