Gentry Blackburn

Gentry Blackburn
By

Gentry Blackburn graduated from the University of Utah in 2003 with a bachelor’s degree in fine arts. Her first solo show, Frosty Darling, was held at the Downtown Library in the spring of 2005. The show was primarily oil on canvas paintings with a few suitcases painted with acrylics. On March 2, 2007, she opened

Ryan Jensen

Ryan Jensen
By

SLUG asked me to interview Ryan Jensen. I’ve known Ryan a long time. My old band, The Fucktards, used to play with his old band, The Corleones. We stopped playing shows together because one night Ryan tried to kill me. Terrence managed to intervene that night so I wouldn’t die, but then Ryan and I

Review: Wendy O William & The Plasmatics

Review: Wendy O William & The Plasmatics
By

Wendy O William & The Plasmatics 10 Years of Revolutionary Rock & Roll MVD Street: 11.21.06 Wendy O Williams was unorthodox in the best way possible. She pushed the boundaries of what was deemed acceptable at every corner. The Plasmatics were one of the first groups to bridge the gap between punk and metal, Wendy

Review: Secret Agent AKA Danger Man: The Complete Collection

Review: Secret Agent AKA Danger Man: The Complete Collection
By

Secret Agent AKA Danger Man: The Complete Collection Stuart Burge and Charles Crichton A&E Street: 02.27 For those that love James Bond and can’t get enough of him, this megaset is for you. Patrick McGoohan aka John Drake is a secret agent for “Her Majesty.” Foreseeing other great television shows such as Magnum PI and

Review: McLuhan’s Wake

Review: McLuhan’s Wake
By

McLuhan’s Wake Kevin McMahon The Disinformation Series Street: 01.23 Marshall McLuhan became one of the most famous intellectuals of the twentieth century with books such as The Mechanical Bride and Understanding Media. His theories of media’s effects on culture were of huge significance in his own time, and have only grown in importance since his

Review: I’m Keith Hernandez

Review: I’m Keith Hernandez
By

I’m Keith Hernandez Rob Perri Self-Released Street: 01.07 Let me just get this out of the way first: Rob Perri is a genius. He has combined the likes of Being John Malcovich with 99 Tribulations to create a short, sweet and to the point look at, when T-shirts say the man, the legend, Keith Hernandez.

Review: Cracker & Camper Van Beethoven

Review: Cracker & Camper Van Beethoven
By

Cracker & Camper Van Beethoven The First Annual Camp Out Live MVD Visual Street: 01.30 Concert films are usually a let down. Reunion tours are also generally a drag, especially when fans that spent their whole adolescence singing along with a band have to witness their older and uninspired heroes fuck up the chorus to

Review: Benny Hill: The Hill’s Angel Years

Review: Benny Hill: The Hill’s Angel Years
By

Benny Hill: The Hill’s Angel Years Benny Hill, Dennis Kirkland A&E TV Street: 01.06 England’s Benny Hill became a huge hit on American TV in the 70s and 80s. His fast-motion silent skits were choreographed well enough to make Charlie Chaplin one of his biggest fans, and his misogynist humor was raunchy enough (for its

Review: The Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion

Review: The Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion
By

The Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion Bethesda Reviewed On: PC/XBox 360/PS3 Street: 03.06 Travel back to the time of wizards, goblins, sword fights and portals to hell (apparently they used to be everywhere) with Bethesda’s The Elder Scrolls IV, the highly anticipated follow-up to their breakthrough game, Morrowind. Now travel forward in time by playing this

Review: Okami

Review: Okami
By

Okami Clover Studios Reviewed On: PS2 Street: 09.06 It seems as though many video game developers today have forgotten that there’s only one rule when making a new game. The game should be fun to play. These days many game developers look at games that have been successful and rip them off. However, sometimes the